We teach our children a famous song that says, “this little light of mine, I’m gonna let it shine,” and it is what God wants us to do. He wants us to let our light shine. The world needs our light. We need to be different and let Jesu’s character grow inside us. God gave us gifts, and we must use them to bring people to Him. There is an idiom in my country that says, “If you are a Christian, let it show! Sometimes people do not even know you are a Christian because they cannot see a difference in the way you act. When we repent, and apart from sin, our lives must take a turn for the better. This change sets us apart, and we must let that light shine. What does it mean to let it shine?
To let our light shine, we must not conform to this world; we must start seeking Godly things and obey God. We must share the light that is Jesus Christ with others and give all the Glory to Him. To keep shining our light for Christ, we must refrain from sin and do what is correct. We must be careful with our words and actions by keeping ourselves far away from temptation. Other ways to Keep on shining your light are:
1. BEING REAL AND AUTHENTIC- We should always be true to ourselves. We cannot fool God. He knows everything.
2. SPEAKING THE TRUTH- The truth will always set us free. We should be trustworthy.
3. BEING KIND- Kindness is an important part of sharing your light.
4. LISTENING AND PRAYING FOR OTHERS- We share our light by listening to others.
5. SHOWING LOVE AND COMPASSION- This is the most important commandment.
6. SERVING OTHERS- We must serve and help those in need.
7. FORGIVING OTHERS- Forgiveness will help you share the light.
There are many different ways to let your light shine. It is a great blessing to have the opportunity to be the light in a world full of darkness. When you share your light, you are blessing others, and at the same time, you are being blessed. Today, I invite you to fuel the light of Christ in your life and start sharing it with everyone around you.