Some sins are boldly committed in plain sight for all to see, while others are carried out in secrecy, unknown to the rest of the world. People with occult sins believe they can dodge punishment by keeping their actions hidden, but they fail to realize that their acts always come to light eventually. They forget God knows everything and sees everything. One of these sins that happens in the occult is pornography, a sin that never comes alone; it opens the door to other sins, like adultery, sexual addiction, deceit, and lust. When this stronghold takes hold of you, you'll create many excuses for continuing, and unless you admit it is a sin, you'll never break free. Exposure to pornography usually occurs at a young age; it continues to grow and sometimes escalate. Pornography is a trap that overpowers you and fills you up with shame. There's hope to break free of this stronghold, but you must take the first step. Are you ready to leave all the guilt behind and take the first step into freedom?
Here are some ways that will get you on the path of deliverance and freedom:
1. Acknowledge that pornography is a sin and admit that you are struggling with it. Admission is the first step toward breaking free from any stronghold. The first step is always to recognize the problem and be willing to do something about it. He who conceals his sins does not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy. Proverbs 28:13.
2. Admit you need help because even when you know it is bad for you, you don't know how to break free. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Roman 7:18-19.
3. Do not make excuses or blame others for it. Our natural tendency to blame others for our sins comes from Eden and Adam and Eve. When we blame other things or persons, it takes responsibility from us, and we foolishly think we do not have to own it. But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken. Matthew 12: 36
4. Stay away from places and things that can trigger the desire to relapse. Make yourself accountable and tell someone close to you so they can help you with accountability.
5. Repent. Pornography is a sin, and you need to repent. Confess your sin and receive deliverance. Talk to your spiritual leader or pastor and ask for prayers to be set free. Having spiritual support is crucial when trying to break strongholds. You need deliverance from the grip of sin, and you need to strengthen your spiritual life and your relationship with God.
6. Identify the root of your problem and seek professional help to help you deal with it. Sometimes, you'll need professional help to break free, especially if that sin has bound you for a long time.
7. Nurture your relationship with God and the Holy Spirit. You need to nourish yourself with God's Word. His word is the truth that can set you free. On His word, you'll find the tools and courage to remain away from sin.
11 For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. 12 It teaches us to say No to ungodliness and worldly passions and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in this present age, 13 while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good. Titus 2:11-14. God wants to deliver you from every stronghold. He gave us a spirit of self-control and is willing to free us from sin. We need to surrender to Him and let Him transform our lives, but we need to take the first step and admit that we are sinners and need His help to break free. If you recognize that you have been dealing with pornography, make this prayer: Lord, I admit that I have a problem with pornography, and I need help because, in my strength, I can't. I know I'm a sinner, and I want to break free from this hold that pornography has over me. I do not want to continue like this. Please forgive me and help me be free. Cast away these binds that are oppressing me and help me be strong. I need your Holy Spirit in my life because alone, I cannot overcome this. I need your strength and power to help me keep away from it. I surrender to your will and give you control over my life. Please make me new. In Jesus's name, I pray, Amen!!!